Most routers’ default login names and passwords are easy for anyone to figure out, and they are also easy to find on the internet. Anyone who is connected to your network can log in to your router and change the settings. They can also access the shared data on the network.
A lot of home users leave their settings as they were when they bought them, which makes them very dangerous. Intruders can put malware on your computer and get your private information by using the internet. If you haven’t already, change the Login User Name and Password for your JioFi Router.
Change JioFi Login User Name and Password
Here are the steps you need to take to change your JioFi login username and password:
- Power on your JioFi device and connect to the network.
- Open your web browser and head over to http://jiofi.local.html or http://192.168.225.1.
- A login page will display on the screen. Enter the default username and password to log in. The default username for JioFi routers is “administrator” and the default password is also “administrator”. (case-sensitive)
- You will be now logged in. Now, go to User Management > Account Management.
- Type a new username and password, then confirm it.
- Click on Save.
- The login username and password will now be changed.
Note: Your password is very important information that shouldn’t be easy to figure out. Weak passwords like “password,” “password123,” and “12345” are very common, and any password with less than 8 characters is easy for a professional to figure out. Here are some tips that will help you make a strong password.
- The best length for a password is between 12 and 15 characters.
- Add letters, numbers, and special characters like $, #, @, &.
- Don’t put your age or anything else that is easy to figure out.
You shouldn’t use the same password for all the sites you sign up for, especially your online banking site (s). Use a password manager to keep track of all your passwords so you don’t have to waste time looking for dozens of them.