The JioFi WiFi dongle is likely one of the most popular portable broadband devices on the market. The dongles have a lot of cool features and can share a 4G hotspot with a Jio SIM card. This also lets users connect multiple devices to the hotspot so they can easily connect to the internet. But sometimes you share your JioFi dongle password too much, and then you don’t get enough bandwidth to do the work you need to do on your device. Now is when you should change your JioFi dongle’s password. But do you change the password on your Jio dongle? In this article, we’ll show you not just one but two easy ways to change the password on your JioFi device without getting too hot and bothered. Let’s look at it more closely.
What is JioFi Dongle?
For those who don’t know, the Reliance JioFi dongle is a portable broadband device that lets users connect to the internet on the go. With this device, you can connect multiple devices to the internet quickly. The company says that you can connect more than 10 devices and one device via USB. With the JioFi dongle, you can get download speeds of up to 150Mbps and upload speeds of up to 50Mbps.
Your JioFi Wi-Fi network’s password is a random mix of letters, numbers, and symbols by default. But that password is hard to remember, and you have to save it somewhere if you want to connect new devices to the network.
Also, if you’ve told anyone your password, there’s a chance that other people will find out about it. So, you might want to think about changing the password for your JioFi Wi-Fi network.
Changing your JioFi WiFi password is easy; once you’ve changed it, no one will be able to connect to your network without knowing the new password.
A Wi-Fi password can be between 8 and 32 characters long and can have letters, numbers, and special characters. When setting up a new password, always use a combination of letters, numbers, and special symbols. This makes it hard for people to guess your password and keeps your Wi-Fi network safe.
How to Use Website to Change JioFi Hotspot Dongle Password
To change the password of your JioFi Wi-Fi network, follow these steps:
- The first thing that you should do is power on your JioFi Wi-Fi device.
- Connect to the JioFi Wi-Fi Network from your device.
- Open a web browser and in the URL bar, type http://jiofi.local.html or http://192.168.225.1.
- A login page will appear. Enter the login username and password. The default username for JioFi routers is “administrator” and the default password is also “administrator”.
- Once you’re logged in, go to Network > Wi-Fi Configuration > Secure key.
- Now, set the new password for your JioFi router and click on Apply.
- The password for your JioFi password will be changed and all previously connected devices will be disconnected from your JioFi Wi-Fi network. You will have to connect to the Wi-Fi network again using the new password.
How to Change the Password for a JioFi WiFi Device Through the MyJio App
The MyJio app can also be used to change the password for your JioFi WiFi device. Follow these steps and you’ll be fine:
- You can get the MyJio app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
- You can use your Jio ID or SIM sign-up to get into the app.
- Now, turn on your JioFi dongle and connect it to your phone.
- Open the MyJio app and go to the section called “My Device,” which is at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on the settings icon in the upper right corner and choose “Change Password” from the list of options that appears below the SSID. If you don’t know the JioFi dongle’s SSID, you can find it under the battery on the inside of the router.
- After that, enter the new password and tap “Submit” to change the password on your JioFi dongle.
It’s also a good idea to change your password every 3–4 months and use tools like Mozilla Firefox Monitor or Have I Been Pwned tool to check if your email or password has been leaked.
Don’t use the same password on every site you sign up for. Password managers can help you keep track of all your sites and passwords.