Using NETGEAR Desktop genie, you may access and set up your router from distance. This guide will show you how to install a NETGEAR genie and enable remote access.
- Web browsers include IE, Firefox, and Chrome, which can be used on wired or wireless computers
- The newest iteration of NETGEAR’s desktop utility.
- The desktop genie cannot establish a connection with the router.
- Remotely access your router’s settings with Desktop Genie and make changes.
- The NETGEAR Desktop genie must be installed on both the local and remote computers. Click here to access the Desktop genie software download page. Follow this link to see if your router is compatible with NETGEAR Desktop genie.
- For security reasons, you must first register your router with your local computer before adding it to your Remote genie account. After everything has been set up properly, you will be able to access your router from your remote computer.
- It’s time to fire up the NETGEAR Desktop genie on your home PC (the one linked to your router).
- To get back to the login screen if you were automatically logged in after selecting Router Settings, select Logout.
- Select Sign up now to get started with Remote genie.
- Complete the fields and hit the Create button to save your work.
- When you’re done setting up your Remote genie account, click the OK button.
- Upon submitting your request, the NETGEAR genie Support Team will send you an email to verify your submission. Open the email and select Confirm Email to verify your account.
- When you have finished verifying your email, go back to the Desktop genie on your local computer.
- To finish setting up your gadget, select the OK button. The Register button can be used to sign up as well.
- After completing registration, you may exit this session.
- Launch NETGEAR Desktop genie on the distant machine (the PC that is not connected to your network).
- Router configurations can be accessed after logging into your Remote Genie account.
- Upon logging in, a cloud icon will appear in the top right corner of the Desktop genie window. This means you are controlling the router’s settings from afar.
- Changes can be made to the Wireless Settings, Guest Access, Traffic Meter, Parental Control, and Reboot options. Tabs at the top of the page can be used to gain access to further options. Later upgrades will include support for more sophisticated features.
- When you’re done making adjustments, close Remote access by selecting Logout.
- Before you choose the Unregister button, know that doing so will cut off your remote access permanently. Your local computer needs to be rebooted, and then you may launch Desktop genie again. Sign into your Cloud Access account and select the Register tab to reset your password and regain access.