How To Allow/Block Users To Access Wi-Fi?
The access control feature of NETGEAR routers allows you to prevent certain devices from joining your network. With this function, you may control which devices on your network have access to the internet.
Note that even if you use the access control option to prevent devices from accessing the internet, they will still be able to connect with other devices on the local network and exchange data with them.
How To Allow/Block Users To Access WiFi?
Follow these steps to set up the access control feature on your NETGEAR router:
- Open a web browser and type http://www.routerlogin.net or http://routerlogin.net in the address bar.
2. A page to sign in will show up. To log in, you need to enter your login name and password. NETGEAR routers come with admin as the username and password as the default password.
3. Now, the router’s Admin Panel will show up on the screen.
4. Now, click ADVANCED, then Security, and then Access Control.
5. Click the box next to Access Control to turn on this feature. If you don’t turn on this feature, you won’t be able to use the Allow and Block buttons. If this feature is not turned on, the devices that should not be able to connect to the internet will be able to do so.
6. There are a number of radio buttons, and you must choose one of the following:
- All new devices should be able to connect: All the new devices that connect to the network will then be able to use the internet.
- Stop all new devices from connecting: This will stop all new devices from connecting to your router’s Internet connection, but they will still be able to connect to the router’s local network. Keep in mind that before a device can connect to the Internet through your router, you must add its MAC address for an Ethernet connection and its MAC address for a WiFi connection to the allowed list. Only new devices that connect to your network after you turn on this feature will be able to use the access control feature.
7. To let your current device or PC connect to the network, check the box next to it and click the Allow button.
8. Click the button that says “Use.” Changes will be made to everything.