How to Install a Netgear Wireless / WiFi USB Adapter?
The NETGEAR WiFi USB adapter allows your laptop to connect to wireless networks, as well as other PCs and laptops. Connectivity ensures that computers can share data and use shared resources like the internet and printers. Several wireless / WiFi USB adapters are available from Netgear, and each only needs three simple steps to set up. The driver is the software that allows the adapter to talk to the computer. If you want your NETGEAR WiFi USB adapter to work, you’ll need to install some hardware. In addition, when linked to the web, our network settings should be optimized.
A Netgear USB wireless adapter requires minimal effort to set up.
- Place the CD into the CD-ROM drive.
- Turn on the laptop. Insert the CD-ROM that came with your Netgear adapter
- Then select the driver or utility to install and click the Install button.
- To proceed with installing the Netgear drivers and software, select “Install Driver and Utility” from the pop-up menu. Once the CD is in, a window with an installation guide will open. If not, open “My Computer,” locate the CD-ROM drive, and double-click the “autorun.exe” executable file twice.
- Simply stick to the on-screen prompts to finish the installation.
- If you’re using InstallShield, proceed through the wizard’s steps. The installation is simplified with the help of this wizard. Choose your country, then hit “Finish” when you are done “Finish” button when complete. If prompted, restart your computer.
Using NETGEAR WiFi / Wireless USB Adapter
- To use the USB adapter, unplug it from its protective case and insert it into a computer’s USB port. If your office computer has a backport, you can leave the adapter there.
- Click the “Install the software automatically” and “Next” buttons in the “Found New Hardware” window to begin the automatic installation of any necessary software. The brand-new hardware installation procedure will eventually prompt you to complete the setup. Just make sure you finish the installation process by following the instructions.
- To proceed with the installation of Netgear Smart Wireless Settings, choose “Yes” when prompted. When the setup is done, click the “Finish” button. A computer restart may be required.
Initiate Network Setup
- Select the Netgear icon in the bottom right corner of your screen, near the time. In order to use the “Smart Wizard Wireless Settings Utility,” click here.
- To connect to a network, either type in the SSID or select it from the list. Select the “Settings” menu and then input the network’s SSID in the “Network Name (SSID)” box. If you want, you may select your preferred network by clicking the arrow and then selecting it from the list that appears.
- To apply your changes, click the “Apply” button.
- Verify the setup is complete before proceeding. To make sure your network name and the system tray symbol are the same, click on the icon. Make sure your device is giving you a good status indicator, which would indicate an active connection. Make sure you’re online and have access to the online resource by sending a printout of your experiment.