How to NETGEAR Modem Router Setup Help?
The NETGEAR Modem Router setup improves your home WiFi network by connecting to your current network and making the coverage area bigger.
Follow these steps to use Smart Wizard to connect your NETGEAR DSL modem router to the Internet:
- As shown in the picture, use the DSL Microfilter to connect the DSL port on the NETGEAR modem router to the phone line.
- Using an Ethernet connection, you can connect your computer to any of the four LAN ports shown in the diagram.
- Now, plug the NETGEAR DSL modem router into its power supply unit (PSU) and wait about a minute for it to start up.
- Open a web browser and type the router’s IP address, which is either 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1, into the address bar. Then press the Enter key. You are asked to enter the login information for the router.
- admin and password are the default username and password.
- When it comes to usernames and passwords, the case is important.
- If the username and password that came with the computer don’t work, you may have changed the password. Please try different passwords that you may have changed. If not, you have to do a factory reset to get the router back to its default settings. For more information, see Restoring a NETGEAR home router to its factory default settings.
- In the upper left corner, click Setup Wizard, then click Next.
- If the Setup Wizard can figure out what kind of Internet connection you have, choose “Yes” and click “Next.”
- The Setup Wizard will tell you which connection it has found, and then it will show you the settings page for that connection.
Note: If the Setup Wizard finds no connection, check the physical connections of your devices and make sure your ISP has already approved your DSL account.
How do I set up ADSL on my NETGEAR DSL Modem Router using the web interface of the router?
- To set up the physical connections, please look at the “Install Your Modem Router” part of the Installation Guide at the link below. When you’re done with page 5, you can move on to the next step. Click here to open the Installation Guide. After you’ve connected the devices, look at the lights on the front of the router. Check to see if the Ethernet port LED on the computer that is linked is on.
- Open a web browser.
- If this is your first time setting up the NETGEAR genie, you will be sent to the NETGEAR genie Wizard. If you are not redirected, please use the default IP address to connect to the router. www.routerlogin.com, www.routerlogin.net, or http://192.168.0.1.
- Default Username: admin, Default Password: password
- Choose “No,” click “Next,” and then choose “I want to set up the internet connection myself.”
- Choose Internet from the Basic tab.
- Check the box next to “Does your internet connection require a login?”
- For PPPoE DSL service, click the drop-down arrow next to Internet Service Provider and choose PPPoE.
- Type in the Username and Password that your Internet Service Provider gave you.
- Click the button that says “Apply.”
- If you set the Connection Mode to “Dial on Demand,” the connection will start automatically when there is traffic going to the Internet. It automatically ends the connection after the Idle Timeout amount of time has passed.
- If you choose “Always On,” the connection starts automatically when the machine turns on, and it doesn’t end after a certain amount of time.
- If the connection goes away for any reason, the router will keep trying to get back in touch.
- After you choose the Manually Connect option, go to the router status page and click the Connect button to connect to the Internet.
- If the manual connection doesn’t end after a certain amount of time, you must click the “Disconnect” button on the Router Status screen to end it.
- On the Advanced Tab, click Setup, and then from the drop-down menu, choose ADSL Settings.
- Choose VC-BASED or LLC-BASED for the Multiplexing mechanism, depending on the type of connection you have.
- By default, the VPI and VCI are set to 8 and 35.
- Talk to your ISP to find out what your VPI and VCI values are, then put them in the right fields.
- Click the button that says “Apply.”
- Go to ADVANCED and look under Internet Port to find your Internet IP address.
- If the IP Address is real, it gets linked to the Internet.
- Choose Connection Status if the Internet IP Address is 0.0.0.0.
- Then, click Connect to get a valid IP address, and the Internet should be up and running.